We are so excited to announce that we are looking for a 2D and 3D artist and animator for Hamsterdamm! Check out the below description, and apply if you could be a fit!
Hamsterdamm 2D and 3D Artist and Animator Project Description
Nerdy Bear Studios (NBS) is looking for a 2D and 3D artist and animator, who can create high-quality and exceptionally retro pixel art for our latest project (and upcoming game), Hamsterdamm.
NBS welcomes diverse applicants!
- Create sprite sheets and sprite animation (Usable in unity).
- Create 3D models and animate them for Unity.
- Work with a small team to create assets.
- Proficient in modern animation and illustration software.
- Create sketches for game characters, art, and environments.
- Can work from reference materials (photography, concept art, videos, and descriptions).
- Has excellent time management skills, and can schedule work to adequately meet deadlines.
- A deep understanding of retro pixel art and how elements look and move in this art style (people, animals, buildings, and nature).
- An organized approach to creating workflows, and a comfortability with collaborative environments.
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal).
- Location: Remote
- Start: May 2021
- Type: Contract-based
How to Reach Out/Apply:
Put 2D and 3D Animator and Artist into email subject line, and send it and the following to [email protected]:
- A portfolio that showcases your work.
- A PDF resume/CV.
- Desired rate (hourly or per milestone/project)
NBS was formed in 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia. This gaming and animation studio’s mission is to develop creative, innovative, diverse, and socially meaningful games, art, animations. NBS seeks to invite gamers to enjoy stories that celebrate what makes us different—while also acknowledging our shared experiences (no matter how quirky they are ;-D).
Check us out here: www.nerdybearstudio.com
Hamsterdamm is a 2D perspective-changing infinite runner experience that combines the comic book style of Comic Zone with gameplay inspired by Speed Limit.
You play as Detective Fatback, a pig who is on vacation, enjoying the exceptional museums and cafes in Hamsterdamm. However, your holiday is interrupted when bandits steal some of the city’s most priceless art and artifacts.
In Nerdy Bear Studio’s first gaming adventure, you are invited to a Dick Tracy and film noir-style world to help Detective Fatback save Hamsterdamm’s most precious art.